On 22nd May, we asked the Medical Protection Society (MPS) to come into our practice and undertake a Clinical Risk Workshop. We saw this as a way to benchmark the service we provide, show us what standard we were currently working to, and highlight areas where we could make improvements. It turned out to be a very enjoyable afternoon, and I'm delighted to say that we achieved a great report.
Here is the summary from the final report, which was carried out by Joan Moss of MPS:
"The practice was well organised and maintained. There was strong evidence of teamwork and a clear culture throughout the practice of service to the patients, with many excellent systems and initiatives in place. I would particularly like to mention the following examples of good practice I found during the visit:
- The dedication and commitment of all the staff to improve services for patients
- "Out of Hours Gold Standard" communications include patients' end of life wishes
- Patients are able to book appointments online
- The democratic and open approach to learning as a team that was apparent during the workshop
- The management and organisation of the practice by the Practice Manager and her team"
The Workshop Survey ranked us in 4 areas: Leadership & Teamwork, Communication, Reporting & Learning, and Resources & Training. I'm delighted to say that we achieved scores placing us in the top quartile for all 4 sections of the survey. I think it's testament to the hard work and dedication of my team that their efforts have placed us so highly.
I'm very proud to be a member of the team here at GLS, and delighted that we have achieved such a glowing report. Well done to each and every one of you!!!